So this is what I'm thinking....
You are reading this because..
- you or your client need images done that tell the whole story..
- you have creative ideas or a project that you want to put into action but you just need some help with strategizing and directing so that you can tell and sell your story.
- you are a multi-passionate creative professional or artistprenuer and you want to maximize your creative offerings and hone your skills..
And, now you are in need of guide to help you show and tell your most authentic story
This is where I step in.
As a multi-passionate/multi-disciplined creative, artist, and professional ideator, I UNDERSTAND the importance your visual and internal story being told to your desired audience
I feel you.
I know how it feels when your story that is being told through your images and your creative and artistic offerings are not authentic.
They don't tell or show who you are. They don’t allow you to SHOW UP and be presented FULLY.
I'm Bessie, head creator in charge at Bessie Akuba Creative, LLC intuitively creating at the intersection of art, photography, communication, culture, and motherhood AND I'm here to help YOU tell and show your story and beautify your space-whatever that space may be.
So, a little bit about me *lets get that out of the way ;)* I was born in Axim, Ghana and raised in Atlanta, Georgia (so you can call me a Ghanaian Peach..tee hee). My passion is helping people tell their stories through imagery, words, and experiences. As a creative who is inspired by culture, travel, beauty, and the arts, I thrive on helping people connect with what moves them and turn what moves them into beautiful moments and opportunities.
In my past creative life, I've acted in regional theatre productions, independent films, did a few pageants, and sang in front of a few audiences. I also founded a non-profit organization that empowers young women to create their own media and provides scholarships and resources.
From Germany to Atlanta to Hawaii to Washington, D.C; I have worked with and photographed people to help them better tell their story. When you work with me, we partner together to capture the essence of your spirit into your images. I’m intuitive, I know IT when I see IT. And feel IT. I’m honest and I work on creative trust.
With my signature photography and videography sessions; I use my gift of capturing and documenting moments that show people who you are, what you do, and why your story matters.
Through my one on one creative strategy sessions, I give creatives practical guidance.
Together, we can make creative magic. That could be us…
AWARDS | RECOGNITION | Mentions
- Atlanta Power 30 Under 30 2010
- Who's Who in Black Atlanta 2010
- SWIBA Creative Business of the Year 2013
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Nu Lambda Omega Chapter Philanthropy and Community Service Award
- Featured in APPLAUSE Africa Magazine 40 Change Makers Under 40 Issue