1. Erykah Badu- Musician, Actor, DJ, and Doula.. AND she is actually considering opening her own practice,
"We don’t know where these babies are coming from—their souls, or their spirits of mind, or if they’re born wholly as soon as they get here—but whatever it is, I just want the environment to be one of tranquility for the mom and dad and everyone involved. A home birth is about being able to create exactly what you want, because it’s such a violent moment inside of the body that you want everything else to be as beautiful as it can be. So I started studying to be a doula and got my certification in 2011 and now I’m in training to become a midwife. I’m almost there and before I know it I’ll be able to open my own practice, if that’s what I desire."
2. Lance Gross- Actor, model, and *yup* photographer. In an interview with JET Magazine Gross says,
“Photography, for me, it’s like my therapy,” Gross explains of his self-taught craft. “It’s something that I do when I’m on hiatus from working and something I feel like I own completely. As an actor, I’m still working for somebody else. It’s not completely mine.”
3. Oprah Winfrey- Talk show host, media mogul, Actor, Philanthropist, and Producer.
4. Gordon Parks- Photographer, musician, writer, and film director who became prominent in U.S. documentary photojournalism in the 1940s through the 70s. Parks was slow a musician and composer. As a writer, her wrote the book, The Learning Tree and continued to author several books of poetry, which he illustrated with his own photographs. He also wrote three volumes of memoirs. Was a painter AND the co-founder of ESSENCE Magazine.
5. Jill Scott- Singer, Actor, Writer/Poet. Published in 2005, Jill Scott's, In The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours: The Poetry of Jill Scott she shares her personal poetry collection.
6. Jamie Fox- Actor and Singer.
7. Terrance Howard- Actor and musician. In summer of 2008, Howard release and album titled Shine Through It which he wrote and produced.
8. Lenny Kravitz- Not only a singer and multi-instrumental list. But he also rock interior design and photography as well. Kravitz's design firm; Kravitz Design, provides commercial and residential design services as well as specializing in product development and branding. In Summer of 2015, Kravitz release his book titled "Flash" which features his photography where he captures the essence of what it’s like to be a rock star who’s constantly in the public eye.
9. Jayda Pinkett Smith- Actress, activist, philanthropist, AND leader of the band Wicked Wisdom.
10. Swizz Beatz- Producer, Visual Artist, and avid art collector.